Small windshield cracks or chips may seem more cosmetic than cause for alarm, but even a small crack is an important safety concern. Before continuing to drive with a cracked windshield, consider this:
- In a front-end collision, 45% of the structural integrity is provided by your windshield.
- If you experience a roll-over, up to 60% of the structural integrity is provided by your windshield.
- Supplemental restraint systems such as airbags may not deploy properly at all if a windshield is improperly installed.
- Your safety may be compromised without strict adherence to AGRSS guidelines.
- You are breaking the law driving with a broken windshield.
- All glass is not created equal.
Is your insurance company paying for the auto glass repair or auto glass replacement?
That doesn’t mean they’re looking for important certifications such as AGRSS (Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards). Your insurance company may only be looking to see if the glass company is licensed and not AGRSS certified. Remember, most people are unable to tell whether a windshield has been improperly installed until it is too late.
Our windshield glass experts can get you safe, street-legal, and ready to get back on the road.
Call our Tucson auto glass repair company today to make an appointment!